School Celebrations of Reconciliation
The school environment provides opportunities, particularly during Advent and Lent, to celebrate the sacrament of reconciliation where community members are reconciled with God and with each other.Â PVNC has worked collaboratively with the Diocese of Peterborough to create an online resource to guide schools and parishes in the planning and celebration of the sacrament of Reconciliation with a class or a school. The following elements are included in this resource:
- – educators are encouraged to use these grade level Religion program links (grades 2-12) to help students learn about the sacrament of reconciliation prior to the school celebration of the sacrament
- – this planning document contains a suggested liturgical format including songs, readings, and prayers which make for a meaningful celebration of the sacrament of reconciliation
- Examination of Conscience (/ )Ìý– these examinations of conscience should be read aloud prior to the celebration of the sacrament to help students reflect on their lives.
- Printables ()Ìý– these can be printed for students and brought to the sacrament of reconciliation
- Student voice videos (/Ìý)Ìý– use the following videos to help students reflect on the importance of apologizing, forgiving and making things right in our schools and in our lives.